Fairyhouse to make morning call on Saturday meeting

Fairyhouse are monitoring the path of Storm Brian, and will decide at 8am on Saturday whether the planned meeting that afternoon will go ahead.

"We have been in contact with Met Eireann today and there’s a probability of very strong winds tomorrow afternoon," said racecourse manager Peter Roe.

"In the interests of the safety of horses, racing professionals and racegoers, and all those travelling to and from Fairyhouse tomorrow, in consultation with the clerk of the course, Brendan Sheridan, we have decided the best course of events is to make a more accurate judgement call at 8am tomorrow morning.

"By then, Met Eireann will have up-to-date information on what course Storm Brian is taking and the likely strength of winds, and we will be able to make the most appropriate decision at that juncture."

Leave us a comment!

Share this story:


Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter today to receive Free Horse Racing Tips.

Simply fill out the form below and wait for the Free Tips to land in your inbox.



You May Also Like