Hawkbill on a break
Charlie Appleby will explore options abroad later in the season for Hawkbill after deciding against running him in the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
Despite the ground being in the four-year-old's favour at Ascot, the Newmarket handler decided to give the Group One winner a short break ahead of an autumn campaign.
Hawkbill gained a second success of the season with a front-running victory in the Princess of Wales's Stakes at Newmarket last time out.
Appleby said: "The ground had come right for Hawkbill in the King George, but he had two close runs together in France and the one where he put up a good performance in the Princess of Wales's.
"It looked tough enough on paper and I thought if I place him well enough in the second half of the season hopefully he will have a nice pot in him still.
"I didn't want to go to the well too often. I've said after each run I am trying to give the horse a bit of a break so I am enforcing a bit of a break on him now.
"Looking further ahead there is potentially the Canadian International or the Grosser Pries Von Bayern, which he finished third in last year. We will just try and get another Group One behind him."
Frontiersman could appear at Goodwood on Friday after Appleby also decided against running him in the King George.
"The ground swayed me. The slower conditions wouldn't really have suited him. His better performances have been on a quicker surface," the trainer added.
"He ran the once on slow ground at Newbury and we felt he wasn't as happy. We will probably take a look at the Glorious Stakes at Goodwood."