Haydock still hopeful of racing

Officials at Haydock are banking on an improved weather forecast to save their jumps meeting on Friday.

Will they be in action at Haydock on Friday?

Clerk of the course Kirkland Tellwright inspected the course twice on Thursday and will look again at 7.30 in the morning as the track was still frozen in places.

Follow Us on Twitter

"We are sweating a bit. It's still unfit in the back straight, but there is a change in the weather forecast so we are going to have one final look early in the morning," he said.

"This change in the weather is going to have to be with us by then.

"The temperatures tomorrow are supposed to get up to 9C. They've not got higher than 3C today.

"It's not supposed to freeze tonight. If there isn't a change, we're beat."

Read More at Sporting Life

Leave us a comment!

Share this story:


Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter today to receive Free Horse Racing Tips.

Simply fill out the form below and wait for the Free Tips to land in your inbox.



You May Also Like