Improving Tylicki moved out of intensive care
Freddy Tylicki: the 30-year-old jockey was paralysed in a fall at Kempton
PICTURE: Getty Images Improving Tylicki moved out of intensive care
By Stuart Riley 8:08PM 15 NOV 2016
FREDDY TYLICKI, the jockey who suffered life-changing injuries in a fall at Kempton last month, was on Tuesday moved from the intensive care unit at St George's Hospital to a general spinal ward.
Tylicki suffered a T7 paralysis, meaning he has movement in the upper half of the body but not his lower.
A statement released by the Injured Jockeys Fund on Tuesday said: "Following 15 days in the intensive care unit at St George's Hospital, today Freddy Tylicki moved into a general spinal ward.
"Freddy and his family are very relieved that his condition is improving and that he is now well enough to leave intensive care. Freddy would like to thank everyone for their wonderful support and kindness during this tough time. It has been a great comfort to him.
"It is anticipated that he will remain in St George's for some time and visiting times are very restricted. Therefore the hospital strongly request that visitors contact one of the family before making any plans."
Tylicki tweeted late on Monday evening to thank all those who have helped him since the fall. "Struggling and fighting! Thank you every single one for all the support! Here is to a long road in front of me! Much love everyone!" he said.
There was a huge response to Tylicki speaking for the first time since his fall, with his tweet retweeted over 1,200 times and liked over 3,000 times.
Following the news of his paralysis, the racing community rallied in support of Tylicki, with an online fundraising page set up by At The Races presenter Matt Chapman raising at least £330,000.
Leave us a comment!
Share this story:
Subscribe to our Newsletter today to receive Free Horse Racing Tips.
Simply fill out the form below and wait for the Free Tips to land in your inbox.