The quiz: how much do you know about the week’s hot topics?
Blaklion: who will be aboard at Aintree?
PICTURE: Patrick McCann (racingpost.com/photos) Test your knowledge on last week's hot topics
Barely a day goes by without big news stories breaking, among them the seismic, controversial and downright wacky. Catch up on your week in news in our quickfire quiz.
1. Which jockey was this week booked to ride Blaklion in the Randox Health Grand National?
A. Aidan Coleman
B. Richard Johnson
C. Noel Fehily
D. Sam Twiston-Davies
2. The Colin Tizzard-trained Leg Lock Luke hit the headlines at Taunton on Monday. What did he do?
A. He ran out down the back straight, wiping out most of the field
B. He was the sole finisher after his rivals all fell at the last fence
C. He was his trainer's first winner of the month
D. He veered left and unseated his rider with the race in the bag
3. WHO SAID IT?
"I know it's naughty but I've done it at loads of places"
A. ITV Racing pundit Luke Harvey
B. History-making jockey Lizzie Kelly
C. Gold Cup gatecrasher Richard Melia
D. Former champion jockey John Francome
4. Receiving how many declarations for its seven-race £72,000 card on Thursday prompted Ludlow general manager Bob Davies to ask: "What the hell is the point?"
Like Us on Facebook
Tony Mullins had some strong views on Irish jump racing
PICTURE: Patrick McCann (racingpost.com/photos)
5. Tony Mullins this week made clear his strong views regarding the state of Irish jump racing. With whose comments did the trainer take issue?
A. HRI chief Brian Kavanagh
B. Gigginstown chief Michael O'Leary
C. Turf Club chief Denis Egan
D. Champion trainer Willie Mullins
6. The BHA this week revealed plans to make becoming a jockey tougher, introducing a more rigorous application process in April. What percentage of jockeys fail to ride out their claim?
7. BHA handicapper Graeme Smith this week said of Arkle ace Altior: "I still definitely believe in him." What is the novice chaser's new handicap mark?
8. Racing's new levy system was in the news again this week. How much do British racing's leaders believe the new system could bring in per year?
James Ridley made a huge error at Newbury, what was his punishment?
9 Amateur rider James Ridley received a hefty ban after dramatically mistaking the winning post when in the lead at Newbury on Friday. What penalty was he hit with?
B. 10-day ban
C. 28-day ban
D. Lifetime ban
10 The awesome Arrogate became the highest-earning horse in history with a remarkable victory in the Dubai World Cup on Saturday. What prize-money figure did he break through at Meydan?
A. $12 million
B. $17 million
C. $22 million
D. $27 million
Scroll down for the answers . . .
1. C (Noel Fehily)
2. D (He veered left and unseated his rider with the race in the bag)
3. C (Gold Cup gatecrasher Richard Melia)
4. B (37)
5. A (HRI chief Brian Kavanagh)
6. C (88)
7. C (168)
8. B (£30m-£40m)
9. C (28-day ban)
10. B ($17 million)
Leave us a comment!
Share this story:
Subscribe to our Newsletter today to receive Free Horse Racing Tips.
Simply fill out the form below and wait for the Free Tips to land in your inbox.